- Lock-out information (This pertains to certain people being able to vote on certain things at a particular poll).
- Instructions on opening and closing of polls.
- Reviewing responsibilities of being a commissioner or commissioner-in-charge.
- Handing out of commissioner slips for that election.
- Providing test for commissioners and commissioners-in-charge who need to re-certify.
- Passing out of Sample Ballots.
- Guidelines for voter requirements.
- Open discussion on any questions.
Qualifications to be a Commissioner-in-Charge are as follows:
- A qualified voter who is not entitled to assistance in voting and is not a candidate in the election may be selected as a commissioner in any precinct of the ward where he/she is registered to vote, except pursuant to R.S. 18:434(B) and (D) (Louisiana Revised Statutes Election Code) in which case you may be selected as a commissioner in any precinct of the parish where you are registered to vote.
- No person shall be selected as a commissioner in a precinct in which a member of your immediate family is a candidate for election to public office.
- No person who has been convicted of an election offense enumerated in Chapter 1o of this Title shall serve as a commissioner.
- A person shall not serve as a commissioner, except pursuant to R.S. 18:434(D) (Louisiana Revised Statutes Election Code), unless he has attended a course of instruction for commissioners, has received a certificate of instruction during the term of office of the Clerk who conducted the school, and has provided their correct party affiliation to the Clerk. A commissioner who has received this certificate shall be classified as a certified commissioner. A commissioner selected pursuant to R.S. 18:434(D) (Louisiana Revised Statutes Election Code), who has not been issued such a certificate, shall be classified as an uncertified commissioner.
We’re Ready to Help You
Hello, I Am Robert T. “Robby” Barousse
Acadia Parish Clerk of Court and Ex-Officio Recorder of mortgages and conveyances.
I am humbled and honored to be your Clerk of Court. My staff and I are committed to bringing to you great customer service backed by integrity and knowledge to help process and deliver the best records and recordation information.